Pages

Watchmen

Watched this movie today and I was baffled by the movie.

The trailer do seem to add some epic-ness to the initial review to the movie. I'd say that the trailer is overrating. I don't know what the hardcore fans would say, but personally as a layman to the story, Watchmen the movie certainly makes no logical sense.

None at all.

The story starts of with a whole, I-don't-know-how-many-minutes, opening. Cool? Fucking no. The introduction was not that helpful as it shows a flashback scenes without dialogue. Not to mention that the transition is quite fast. To make things worse the movie choreography is very weird. I know that the story is made where retro style and modernism comes together, but, the way it is being put inside is too much for us to handle.

Although the character settings is good, in fact that is the only thing that makes me stay awake inside the cinema, again the way that the director choose to put the story does not fit.

I dare say some does not even notice the change in the generation of the Watchmen.

Watchmen is made in as a means to reflect contemporary anxieties and to deconstruct the superhero concept. I can understand that, but in a marketing point of view, making things too complicated is not a good thing. Personally I think that the director should make some changes in ways the scenes flow through, and then improve the connection between the scenes making a more impact; in which can create an understanding of what Watchmen is should be - making a whole new concept of what superheroes should be. Ok, not so-super.

In the end, the conclusion is not strong enough to make an impact for the viewers to understand, and the plot is also not strong, swaying from the past and the present confusing the viewers. I remembered hearing one people sitting at the back of me in the cinema saying, "What happened here?"

Even so, I applaud the actions in the movie. Although not so much, the actions does make people go in awe. Although there is some excessive violence shown. Seriously, too excessive. I think the movie is cut down.

Then again, for a three hour show, lacking actions and confusing screen play; Watchmen is certainly a movie that will bobble your mind to perplexity.

Oh yeah, the senseless 'sex' scene is making it more perplexing. I do like the humour though.

I end this with a quote from my friend,
The viewers are the Watchmen. Not the one in the movie.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

but i guess, movie trailers is supposed to be 100000 times better than the show. its their only way to promote the show. and well, thats how they earn money.

Anonymous said...

Now that would be a movie I definitely won't watch. Thanks for the review =)