Pages

Download Day - Firefox 3 Released

Today is Download Day. Surprised me because I thought it was going to be later on this month. nevertheless, I have been waiting for Download Day to arrive~

After I get back home, I'll download and install Firefox 3. I'll write some reviews too.

If anyone wonders where you can download Firefox 3, head on here and help making the record.

Some features of Firefox 3 can be viewed here.

One thing I can say, during the beta, Firefox 3 has operated, to my delight, at a very good performance. It is going to be the best browser around. Well, Opera is still good in it's own way, while Internet Explorer...just sucks.

EDIT:
I just installed Firefox 3.

A warning - backup all bookmarks or any web links for Firefox 2, the old one will be gone. Perhaps. It happened to me...

Other than that I am not disappointed with the new Firefox, even though some of the add-on's is not compatible with Firefox 3.

Another thing is worth to note is that the start up time for Firefox 3 is reduced. The memory usage somehow, increased, quite a lot. Another thing is that the speed of script processing increased, I'd say quite exponentially, thus increasing the web page load.

Give it a try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't downloaded it yet =P Maybe I will tomorrow. I wonder if they will actually reach the world record they are aiming at =P Thanks for the tips. Me ish going to backup my bookmarks xD

Anonymous said...

downloaded it arleady, but it didnt delete my bookmarks / links o_o

its pretty fast speed. i doubt i would need faster fox for this new firefox.

but i want my themes back. it is currently not compatible to the new firefox 3.

there isnt any themes that suit firefox 3 as yet. but their default theme isnt that bad.

i love firefox.

==

Welcome Shiro-kun to blogspot

shiro said...

Reply to blowfly:

XD

It hapopens to me maybe something I did made my bookmark missing. Or perhaps because I installed the Beta version. Anyways, ervything is fine now, and I am glad everything is ok with Firefox 3.

I don't think Fasterfox would be updated... Fasterfox has not been updated since the last three years or so.

I like the new theme, but I still miss the old one.