Pages

A Leader

Kitleen, I am indeed interested about the article that you have given to me. Here is a bit of my ten cents.

**

This article has made me very interested. I mean, there is almost no leader like that in the world anymore. I may not know him well, or the country state of affairs to make a comment but no wonder the U.S. and many other country are afraid of Iran. Iran have a strong leader that is wise and daring, plus he knows what is meant when being a leader.

A leader works for their underling, in one way or another. In Islam, Khalifah Umar is a very good example of a leader. Read more here. For me, a leader, especially in a democratic country like Malaysia that is also a multi-ethnic country needs a leader like this. At the very least that is. Which one one would prefer? A leader that has a some social status or power, or a leader that knows the citizen and their life, and also living in their vibe?

For me I prefer the latter. For one, a leader like that can grasp more on the life of the citizen. Not like someone that does not know to see and hear what the citizen really want.

For example going to the KTM to see the disaster only after the ruckus made by the Opposition (mostly). But he still keep saying words of defying reality. People, do not like him anymore. People are annoyed. We are tired of hearing your “Tak betul,” “Tak ada perkara macam itu” and et cetera. Sometimes he reminds me of an irritating guy that only thinks for himself.

Anyway, on topic, I went to Penang, Kepala Batas. When I was looking for a place to stay for a night I found a hotel/resort under construction. While it looks dazzling, with the grand design and such, shortly after that I found that the resort is actually Abdullah’s property or so it goes. Whether it is right or wrong, having such rumors – maybe a fact – going on. Then the article came in. I thought, “Wow, what a difference.”

From what I know, Abdullah has:

  1. A G5.
  2. A resort.
  3. ECM Libra.
  4. Evenue Capital.
  5. Oil-for-Food Program.
  6. And the list goes on… (Tell me if you know more…)

What the hell? Even Tun, who has lead the country for 22 years does not have that much. The wealth he has is from his work and his children’s work. God blessed him with good children.

I wonder if we can see something like this happen in Malaysia, which also happen to be an Islamic country?

I wonder whether we can change our mindset in being more liberalized and more disciplined in thinking.

I wonder if we can see leader that behave like a human not like a monkey. (See parliamentary seating.)

I wonder of we can see or have a leader in Malaysia that knows the meaning to be a leader.

More reading:
Property Declaration

To be continued…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes agreed. our parlimentary seating is a disgrace. they suka suka walk out then the meeting in there still continuing. then what happen in the middle, no one knows.

and yesterday newspaper showing MP's smoking in the parliament lobby where it is written there non-smoking. seriously.. and they want to pass a bill that no smoking in public.

=====

looking forward to part 2 of this.

glad u enjoy reading that blog post. i kinda frequent that writer's blog