Pages

Merdeka

10 more days and the anticipated day of the year, one of it or perhaps was, for the country Malaysia is coming. But I wonder actually if the people of Malaysia is motivated enough to celebrate this glorious event.

Tun Dr. Mahathir said something about this matter also.

My friend told me once, when he was going tout to celebrate Merdeka day with his family, he saw people, many people stop their car and stand out straight when Negaraku is played sharp at twelve o'clock.

Not to mention the people on the streets, the mamak's stalls, and the ones at home. Seeing such sight makes me proud as Malaysian. Even with the slight disagreement we still hold each others hand during such events. Deep down inside the spirit of Merdeka is still burning.

But I wonder what will happen this year. I just hope things will turn out alright.

I don't want to see my country, that has grown from the colonised country that I learned from history to the now one of the leading country in ASEAN countries, becoming something else, something un-Malaysian.

The past leaders, like Tunku Abdul Rahman, Tun Tan Cheng Lock and Tun Sambathan, to name a few must be saddened by the situation we are facing now. They worked so hard, and we are ruining it?

I am seriously disturbed by the way the country is leading. You can say that I am slightly scared. Ignorance of the leaders both the opposition and the government escalated the problems more and more.

When I learned about how Malaysia is formed and how the Malaysian Warriors of Independence strive so that we could have independence I was touched. Very touched indeed. Imagine all of the people, regardless of race and religion worked together to make this country better, even after more than 30 years the bond is there.

But somehow the bond began to fade and we gradually forget the feeling.

I wonder why?

I wonder why we the rakyat can't be like that? Is it because it is the past and we are forgetting our roots? If so we are like Si Tanggang; and we are surely to be doomed.

I am sure that deep down most of us wants peace and live and harmony. It's just some people want to interrupt the harmony and peace that is growing over the past 50 years. And they say they fight for Malaysia, how ironic.

And the fanatic supporters blinds themselves with their leaders lies.

And the supporters keep quite even if they know their leaders are the cause of the parties downfall.

And we the rakyat still fight for our rights, even though we should settle down and be one to solve the problems.

No comments: